I always had a healthy mix of excitement and nerves before the first day of school. Not much has changed except that I am now on the other end of the educational experience. I went to grad school for teaching and am a high school English teacher in a great district (this is the good news I couldn't wait to share). I'm thrilled to have my own classroom and feel blessed to be able to live out my passions.
This outfit is one of my favorite fall looks:
- ASOS polka dot denim shirt - Denim shirts are the best (I own five in different colors and fabric). They're versatile and they layer well with sweaters, sweatshirts, field jackets...
- Madewell field jacket - Field jackets are the casual equivalent to a trench coat when it comes to quintessential fall outerwear. A closet must-have!
- Topshop high-waisted black skinny jeans - These are a wardrobe staple, and high-waisted jeans can be worn with the shirt tucked in for a retro vibe.
- Cesca leather-studded backpack - While I like my trusty Northface backpack for utility, my younger readers may want to find cuter options to tote around binders and books.
- TOMS leopard slip-on - I wear my leopard loafers a lot, and these are a fun yet casual alternative. Plus, imagine a child in need sporting a pair of leopard TOMS because of your purchase. :)
Shop the fashion inspiration: