Photography by Miguel Marino
London was the last stop on our 9-city European honeymoon, and though we were physically tired by this point after a month of traveling, we loved the city! I can't wait to visit again when I have more energy. Nevertheless, we still got to experience some awesome parts of this city -- here are a few of my favorite memories:
- The bustling, touristy vibe of Piccadilly Circus.
- Wishing to be transported to the magical world of Hogwarts through Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station! (Full post here.)
- Shopping at Harrods is quite the sensuous experience, with multiple floors of museum-quality for lustworthy designer pieces, restaurants, chocolatiers...
- Generous portions of fish and chips at Kerbisher & Malt in West Kensington.
- Loved the fun and quirky neighborhood of Shoreditch. The Book Club is an adorably hipster cafe there.
- Fancy dim sum at Yauatcha in SoHo.
- Borough Market is a great time! We had a delicious pork belly sandwich, and got flutes of champagne and went around taste-testing oysters.
- Strolled through the calming and beautiful Hyde Park.
- I don't know if it's because we really missed Asian food, but Bone Daddies had the best ramen ever! 20-hour pork bone broth!
- Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Bridge, and Clink Street because they're touristy "musts" I suppose.
- Visited William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and wished we had time to watch a play! I teach Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet so my English teacher side was nerding out.
Destinations before: Paris, Barcelona, Venice, Milan, Athens, Santorini (Part 1 and Part 2), Cinque Terre (Part 1 and Part 2), and Amsterdam.