Had a great dinner at The House in San Francisco. Will definitely go again when I’m in SF, that was probably the only consolation in convincing myself to not order everything on the menu in one sitting. Reminds me of this quote by Orson Welles, “My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.” Story of my life..
It’s not a seafood restaurant but I noticed we ordered everything seafood, subliminal cravings that day I suppose.
1. Ahi tuna tartare with roasted nori chips, I love ahi tuna and this was fresh and delicately savory
2. Maine crab cake with pickled ginger remoulade, how cute is the pear shape presentation?
3. Yellowtail special, subtly spicy and flavored dish, came with rice that went well with the light broth
4. Grilled sea bass with garlic ginger soy, the fish was so soft and tasty as you can tell, it was mauled before I had a chance to take a picture
5. Dense chocolate cake with espresso ice cream, and mango cream pudding