Zara sweater
Givenchy lace up boots

When the weather gets cold, I’m really more focused on simplicity and not having to worry about tons of components in an outfit, so a b&w color palette is golden. I’ve always liked the pairing of two very different textures like a thick knit with leather, it adds edge to an otherwise kind of frumpy grandma look (though I’m sometimes into that). I also like the illusion of leather skinnies that run into leather boots almost seamlessly. Before fall started I went on an oversized sweater shopping rampage to stock up (it’s like the idea of buying canned foods in prep of catastrophe but on a totally minuscule scale), and this and a few others from Zara have been keeping me mighty warm.

25 Comments

1. November 16, 2011 / 7:16 am

admire your simplicity! effortless chic!

2. November 16, 2011 / 7:33 am

love the contrast between the fuzzy sweater and leather tights!

3. November 16, 2011 / 8:44 am

i actually love your new hair-do. when i came on here, i thought i was at a wrong site. you look different but in a good way! 🙂

i've also been stocking up on jumpers… it's ridic.

excited that you're going to italy! are you going with migs?

can't wait to see/hear about your adventures in europe! xx

4. Yeji
    November 16, 2011 / 5:20 pm

YOU are so FIERCE right now! Fierce!!

5. November 17, 2011 / 3:37 am

Yowwwww you look hot in leather! Wish it was cold enough here for leather right now!

6. November 17, 2011 / 7:56 am

WOW! Unbeatable look dear, so elegant and sexy! I love that first picture, you look amazing and I love your (new?) hair. Those Givenchy boots are exceptionally beautiful and leather leggings always do the trick.
    xoxoxo

7. November 17, 2011 / 5:42 pm

This look is divine…I love the hard/edgy bottom half incorporated with the softer upper half. Love it! 🙂

8. November 17, 2011 / 8:56 pm

I just discovered your blog and absolutely love it! I love your style and the photos you post on your blog.
    Would love for us to follow each other! Now following, hope you'll follow back. =)

-Christine

9. November 18, 2011 / 4:36 pm

you have such great style. and you're so photogenic! love it~

xx,
    graceinajar

10. November 18, 2011 / 9:27 pm

you are so pretty! great style as well. I've followed your blog.

It would be a pleasure if you could follow mine as well <3

anurban-explorer.blogspot.com

xoxojc

11. November 21, 2011 / 3:11 pm

There's something so comforting about oversized sweaters. Very chic the way you paired it with the leather skinnies & leather boots. Love how it makes your legs look super long.

12. November 22, 2011 / 12:19 am