I’m Engaged!

Those who follow me on Instagram (@heyprettything_) or Twitter might have heard the news.. My boyfriend proposed on Friday! The night was completely perfect, and after, he planned a surprise engagement party in the private room of a wine bar. It was such a fun celebration with family and friends, people gave speeches, one of my best friends and her musician husband sang and performed a few songs on their guitars, and there was a constant flow of wine and food all night. Then, Christmas weekend was filled with laughter, good food, and loved ones… happiest weekend ever! Most of all because I so can’t wait to marry my best friend. 🙂

39 Comments

1. December 27, 2011 / 6:57 am

Absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!

2. December 27, 2011 / 7:27 am

so sweet! Congratulations Carolyn!!! Marrying your best friend…couldn't ask for anything better than that :DDD
    Wishing you the happiest New Year!
    xoxo

3. December 27, 2011 / 7:49 am

That's amazing, congratulations! What a wonderful and unforgettable Christmas weekend (:

4. December 27, 2011 / 10:25 am

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news! I remember following your blog on xanga and then onto livejournal.. wishing you and your fiancee joy, luck and happiness!!

5. December 27, 2011 / 12:09 pm

Carolyn!!! Not sure if you remember me, but we met through the blogging world a while bag and I still come and drop by to visit you here and there 🙂 After reading this post I couldn't NOT leave a message to say CONGRATULATIONS and send my best wishes to you and your fiance! Lots of love!!! Jenny xx

6. December 27, 2011 / 2:23 pm

Congrats! I'm already so excited to see your wedding! I know it is going to be fantastic and gorgeous!

7. December 27, 2011 / 4:58 pm

Oh wow! He did good doll. Congrats and the best of wishes for you two.

kisses!

8. December 27, 2011 / 5:09 pm

My goodness, Congratulations Carolyn! this is amazing news 🙂 the perfect closer for an amazing holiday weekend for me 🙂 x

9. December 27, 2011 / 7:44 pm

I'm so so happy for you! Also I LOVE engagement stories so I'm excited that you posted about it on foamspring! The way he proposed was super cute and I love that he planned a party for afterwards (something I would definitely love if I ever get engaged ha).

ALSO your ring is amazing! I love that it is simple yet super sparkly and classy. It's just about the perfect ring in my opinion! Lucky girl! Congrats again!

10. December 27, 2011 / 8:42 pm

I just stumbled on your blog and what a heart warming first post to come across! Congrats and wish you two the best!

11. Yeji
    December 27, 2011 / 9:23 pm

WOO HOO!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!! 😀 Love you!!

12. December 27, 2011 / 11:40 pm

Congratulations!! You ring is stunning….only to be topped by the thoughtful way in which your bf proposed. Well done and best wishes for a fabulous 2012.

13. December 28, 2011 / 2:17 am

Congratulations!!!!!! 🙂 I'm so incredibly happy for you and hope the rest of your life is as happy as this moment

14. December 28, 2011 / 8:35 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwww….SO SWEET!!!! Love the RING!!! Biggest congrats to you and your future to be hubby;)

I feel so happy for you, and it was so touching when i read "can't wait to marry my best friend"!!!

These words put a smile on my face because it's not easy to find your other half/best friend in this one life time, so bless ya Carolyn!!:D You both deserve each other.Hopefully we will see his face soon,haha

Cinz

15. December 28, 2011 / 6:05 pm

Congratulations! And that ring is amazing!!!

16. December 29, 2011 / 2:32 am

congratulations!!!! so happy for you two. 🙂 yay!!!

17. December 29, 2011 / 11:13 pm

Awesome! Congrats! I got engaged on Christmas Eve 2005. It's a good time of year for nice surprises 🙂

18. January 4, 2012 / 5:13 pm

Congratulations, lovey!! Have a spectacular and loving 2012!

19. January 6, 2012 / 1:21 am

Congratulations. I always love hearing a good engagement story. What a perfect way to end the year.

Your ring is perfection:)

20. January 7, 2012 / 2:44 pm

Amazing news- congratulations!

21. January 15, 2012 / 5:30 am

o my god! congratulations! i have been taking a long hiatus from the blog world and finally had a chance to catch up with your blog, and i see this! i'm so happy! you're going to be a beautiful bride. i can't wait to see what you pick to wear!

22. January 21, 2012 / 6:57 am

Congratulations! So excited for you and boyfriend. What an exciting time. Soak up your engagement with glee 🙂