We were deciding for months where to have our wedding rehearsal dinner. The most important thing to us was that the food had to be spectacular. We also wanted a vibe that was elegant, yet casual, so guests could laugh and drink over good food and company without the stuffy atmosphere that sometimes “fancy” carries. We had eaten at Terra Plata before, but since our last visit, they had opened their rooftop for dining. Tamara Murphy, chef and author of Tender and also a James Beard award winner, grows the restaurant’s own herbs on the roof. With a long communal table, a stunning view of downtown Seattle, and delicious locally-sourced food, Terra Plata was the perfect venue to have our rehearsal dinner.
We met with the manager and chef to customize the menu for the evening. When we arrived, it was cute to see that they had printed off a congratulatory message on the menus! (Also, if you noticed the date on the menu, yes, this post is about two months overdue.)
Husband and I love to travel, but our favorite city will always the one we call home. We loved that guests could dine with an unobstructed view of Seattle in the background.
They started us off with snacks paired with cava as guests were arriving. Everything was off to an amazingly delicious start.
1. House made potato chips with truffled sea salt and pecorino-chive cream.
2. Roasted grapes, olives, walnuts, and valdeon on crostini.
3. Blistered padron peppers with aioli and sea salt (unpictured).
Onto the appetizers!
1. Crispy calarmi in spanish red sauce with hot smoked paprika creme.
2. Honey-glazed carrots. This dish was a hit.. everyone was marveling at how sweet these carrots were.
3. Cucumber salad mixed with olive oil and peppers.
If the meal had ended now, I would have already been satisfied, but they continued on with the entrees and each of them continued to wow us. Such flavorfully seasoned pork belly, fish, and a Chantrelle mushroom risotto.
Lastly, dessert to wrap up an awesome meal. Thank you, Terra Plata!
1. Strawberry and rhubarb with panna cotta and balsamic.
2. Churro with chocolate and whip cream.
To check out what I wore for the rehearsal, here is the post: Wedding Rehearsal Dress.