I remember when I was still in school, my mom and I shopped for school supplies while my dad bought me clothes — it’s true, my dad had good taste and dressed me throughout high school!
I always had a healthy mix of excitement and nerves before the first day of school. Not much has changed except that I am now on the other end of the educational experience. I went to grad school for teaching and am a high school English teacher in a great district (this is the good news I couldn’t wait to share). I’m thrilled to have my own classroom and feel blessed to be able to live out my passions.
This outfit is one of my favorite fall looks:
- ASOS polka dot denim shirt – Denim shirts are the best (I own five in different colors and fabric). They’re versatile and they layer well with sweaters, sweatshirts, field jackets…
- Madewell field jacket – Field jackets are the casual equivalent to a trench coat when it comes to quintessential fall outerwear. A closet must-have!
- Topshop high-waisted black skinny jeans – These are a wardrobe staple, and high-waisted jeans can be worn with the shirt tucked in for a retro vibe.
- Cesca leather-studded backpack – While I like my trusty Northface backpack for utility, my younger readers may want to find cuter options to tote around binders and books.
- TOMS leopard slip-on – I wear my leopard loafers a lot, and these are a fun yet casual alternative. Plus, imagine a child in need sporting a pair of leopard TOMS because of your purchase. 🙂
Shop the fashion inspiration:
Love the jacket!
Love the polka dot top!
Your dad bought you back to school clothes? Haha so lucky! Well, maybe if it were my dad, not lucky 😉
I'm soooooooo curious to where you're teaching!
I'm in denial – this is my last back to school (and I'm in grad school) and I know I wont have this bitter-sweet feeling ever again..!!
And that jacket..Love! The backpack is cute but I would not be able to fit anything in there!!
love the girls outfit with the blue shirt!:)
This shirt looks to cute to be true <3 A lovely selection!!
Will try this look! Even though i left school a couple years ago hah
by the way, awesome style you own..
so awesome about your dad and his great taste! and congrats on your teaching gig! how exciting! such a great feeling to live our your dreams 🙂 and love the field jacket! must have! have a good 3-day weekend~
You're a teacher? That's amazing — kudos to you for picking such an honest and needed position!
I love that polka dot denim shirt! Great picks! Have a great Labor Day weekend!
just went through your blog, love ittt
My Back To School Inspiration Is Carine Roitfeld, She Is So Chic In Those Pencil Skirts!
Thanks For Your Lovely Comment!
you have a lovely blog <3 cool inspiration!!
I love the back to school inspired post! And congratulations on becoming a high school teacher! I didn't know you could do it, but you just inspired more respect :-).
love the backpack! 😀
I love that shirt and parka! Must have it:o
This photo made me laugh because i wore uniform in school in HK so never had to think about what to wear,lol. BUT…i gotta say,skinny jeans are a must! I live in them even up to today!!! lol….
So your dad was the fashionista eh? that's really cute:) You know, it's quite odd, i was just thinking what profession is Carolyn in since you dress so darn stylish, and there you said it! You're a teacher!!!:D You must be sooo good with teenagers and have a lot of patience,hehe C
Good to catch up on your blog again!
I’m not that much of a online reader to be
honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll
go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later.
All the best
My web blog wealthy affiliate review wealthy affiliate
Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of tthe
challenges. It was truly informative. Youur site is very helpful.
Many thanks for sharing!
Here is my webssite – Wireless Headphones For Tv