Shifty Snake Dess – Los Angeles, CA

Topshop dress
Alexander McQueen sandals
Chanel wallet on chain

A simple shift dress with a bold print is an easy choice for date night. Since the length of this dress is like a mullet (shorter in the front than the back), I layered lace shorts underneath and kept shoes low with flat sandals. Allow the loud print to speak for itself by minimizing accessories: I wore nude nails, the thinnest gold ring, and a couple gold chains via Chanel.

Shop similar items from this post:

Turn on your JavaScript to view content

1. April 28, 2014 / 4:10 pm

Love this look! I obviously have a thing for snake print 🙂 Where is your phone case from? I've seen similar but want the best quality one, it's so perfect!!

Pretty in Python

2. April 28, 2014 / 11:43 pm

I love that print Carolyn!
    I'm a tall woman, which can make for dificulty in wearing dresses. I had never thought to layer pretty shorts under a shorter hem line. A look cannot always support leggings. Thanks for this!

3. April 29, 2014 / 12:49 am

That dress looks so gorgeous on you Carolyn! And thank you for your comment on my blog!
    I would love to keep in touch via bloglovin and gfc! Let me know <3

La Celestials

4. April 29, 2014 / 12:58 am

Gorgeous dress & I love the phone case!

5. April 29, 2014 / 2:31 am

That dress is incredible! Talk about making a statement with just one piece! Loving that Chanel iPhone case!

6. April 29, 2014 / 3:41 am

I'm in love with the print of that dress. It's such an easy piece, but it has the essence of an arduous morning ritual!

7. April 29, 2014 / 1:08 pm

This is beautiful! I love your dress. xx

8. April 29, 2014 / 5:14 pm

Loving this outfit!! Amazing phone case! So cute. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.

9. April 29, 2014 / 5:59 pm

so good to rediscover a blog, just like yours, and stare at some good pic! you look as fab as you always did, my dear!

heartbeats Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND

10. April 29, 2014 / 6:43 pm

I always love a great printed dress. So easy and versatile. The lace shorts peeing out in front are a great little touch.

Thanks for your recent comment! Hope you'll visit again soon!

11. April 29, 2014 / 10:05 pm

Ah that snake skin print dress is divine and looks just perfect on you. And love the pix too! Cute blog folllowing via Bloglovin.

Allie of ALLIE NYC

12. April 30, 2014 / 5:31 pm

Absolutely in love with the dress! It's beautiful! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog – it would be nice if you checked it out!

13. May 2, 2014 / 5:26 pm

You are the queen of amazing phone cases! You inspired me to hung down the Le Boy phone case, and now I'll be on the hunt for this one!