Photography by Miguel Marino
On our way to Santorini, we stopped by Athens for a few days because Husband wanted to visit the Acropolis. Hiking through the heat and getting a cute wifebeater tanline were so worth the trip to the Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena from 438BC. There is something humbling in feeling finite when surrounded by structures that are thousands of years old.
- Overlooking the city of Athens from the top of Acropolis.
- Spent all day exploring the temples of Acropolis like the Parthenon and Temple of Athena.
- Left: Having a Flat White at my favorite cafe and bar there, Tailor Made, owned by a guy who has won the barista world championship enough times to explain the incredible coffee experience. Right: Our diet in Greece consisted mostly of gyros, which were cheap and delicious (and stuffed with fries!).
- The Odeon of Herodes Atticus, a theatre located on the slope of the Acropolis.
- Dessert of Greek donuts, loukoumades, drenched in honey covered in nuts.
- Me being a dork at the Panathenaic Stadium that hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896.
Destinations before: Paris, Barcelona, Venice, and Milan. Next destination: Santorini, Greece!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO GO
anyway, would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin and instagram?
SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
Wow I've been dying to go to Greece and your pictures make me want to go more!
P.S. Love all of your travel posts 🙂
wonderful pictures, greece looks beautiful
amazing photos :)))
Thanks for sharing your honeymoon pictures. So many amazing photos!
Carolyn | BLOG
such beautiful photos!
from helen at thelovecatsinc.com
such wonderful pictures they tell the story just on their own ! Athens looks like such a beautiful place for a honeymoon. xx
Melissa ♥ || The Inked Blonde
Beautiful photos! Athens looks amazing. So lucky you get to see it! x
beautiful pictures.. envy with the jouney.. but, i love all your post.. glad to see your blog, dear..
do you mind if we follow each other? please check my blog, and tell me.
These pictures are great! I'm dying to go to Greece someday. What an amazing experience! Hope you have tons of fun!
Ah, beautiful! Gotta love Greece, have been there around 16 times and still can't get enough..! Enjoy Santorini (I'm sure you will, it's more than perfect especially for honeymoons..!) and don't forget to watch the sunset from Oia .. it doesn't get more romantic than that!
X STYLONYM http://www.stylonym.blogspot.com
Such beautiful photos. Greece is such a magical place. All that food looks delicious too
On man, so jealous! Athens is definitely in my bucket list.
♥ Gita @ mimiandchichi.com
All of that food looks so delicious! Consider me envious.
Wow these photos are amazing, looks like such a beautiful place
Two Hearts One Roof
Great photos! Looks like you're having an amazing time!
I loved Greece! It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to see pics from the Greek Islands!
Nicole to the Nines
That last shot of you in the stadium is Just STUNNING! Love the blog!
aaahhh, my dream destination! 🙂 I just commented on your recent post and then realized after that you are from Seattle too!! 🙂 I got excited!! 🙂 just wanted to say that hahaha!
Greece is literally my dream travel country. I can't wait to go there!