Formal Maxi Dress

navy maxi dress

Last weekend, I attended the Northwest Kidney Centers gala with my best friend who went through a kidney transplant this year. It was an incredible evening raising awareness for kidney diseases and funds for research. For the occasion, we also got to dress up – like really dress up – so I wore this navy column maxi dress.

Christian Louboutin Iriza pumps
gala outfits girls night out
Swarovski CrystalDust cuff
backless maxi dress

When it comes to accessories, I always think that less is more, but that each piece should have a high impact. I wore some statement earrings, a sparkly cuff, and my trusty Chanel clutch. For footwear, I sported my favorite Christian Louboutin black pumps — they’re minimalistic with the d’orsay cutout, and the heel-height is 100mm, which is about as high as I can bear while still being to walk haha. I’ve also been wearing this metallic burgundy polish on my nails all fall.

gala dress inspiration
backless navy maxi dress
maxi dress for going out
maxi dress with leg slit
BaubleBar earrings
Christian Louboutin “Iriza” pumps
Chanel wallet on chain bag

The column maxi dress has a classic and simple silhouette, so I liked the daring details, such as the low back and Angelina-thigh slit. Though risqué, the modest neckline and long sleeves balance out the look so it’s appropriate for an evening out.

More than $750,000 was raised at the Northwest Kidney Centers gala this year, and I’m so thankful to attend and support my best friend!

Shop similar items from this post:

JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

49 Comments

1. November 7, 2016 / 3:09 pm

Holy crap, you look amazing!! This maxi dress is so beautiful and classy. I love the sheer paneling in the back!

Enclothed Cognition

2. November 7, 2016 / 4:54 pm

That's so nice of you to support your best friend and I'm glad the event was successful! Your outfit for the gala was gorgeous! I love the back and the slit of this dress, and the accessories add just the right amount of sparkle to it all.

-Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

3. November 8, 2016 / 4:08 am

wow! That dress and you are stunning!! I love that bracelet you pair with the navy column dress. I have been spotting high slits as a mega trend for this up coming season. You are so spot on! Xo, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

4. November 8, 2016 / 8:13 am

You look absolutely stunning! What a great event and opportunity to bust out an outfit like this!

5. November 8, 2016 / 5:30 pm

Suits you like a glove! You look absolutely stunning, the location also helps 🙂
    xx
    LA VEINE

6. November 12, 2016 / 2:36 pm

Sounds like an amazing event, and you look absolutely stunning! I love the cutout/slit details of your dress. So elegant!

Best,
    Christina
    Looks by Lau

7. November 15, 2016 / 2:40 am

wow…so really look elegant girl :))

I wanna get that dress haha