I was so excited when Tod’s reached out to me again — this time to customize my own pair of Gommino loafers! They’re the most classic and comfortable shoes handmade by artisans in Italy. The last time I partnered with Tod’s, I hosted a fundraiser for Northwest Kidney Center at their store in The Bravern in Bellevue, WA.
In this post, I’ll walk you through the whole process of customizing my Gommino loafers, what I selected, and finally, the big reveal!
Also, as a gift to my followers, Tod’s is offering 10% off plus a gift with purchase, even on your custom Gomminos! If you live in the greater Seattle area and can visit the Tod’s boutique at The Bravern in Bellevue, just mention my blog Hey Pretty Thing.
You can personalize the Gommino loafers online or in stores. Since I live near a Tod’s boutique, I went in and worked with the amazing associates at the store in The Bravern. They were so knowledgable, and they talked me through all the different leathers, colors, and selections.
- Leather and Color: You can choose anything from alligator to python. I usually love the suede moccasin, but now that it’s spring, I wanted a fresh look, so I chose textured calfskin in light pink.
- Stitching: There are 20 colors of stitching, but I wanted to keep the colors cohesive and subtle, so I went for tone-on-tone stitching.
- Insole: The process is so personalized that you can even select your own insole! I picked the light pink beige insole stamped with the gold logo.
- Pebbles “Gomminos”: One of the most special parts of customization is being able to choose the color of the Gomminos, which are the 133 iconic rubber pebbles on the bottom of the Gommino loafers. The classic ones are black, but since my custom shoe was going to be blush-colored, I chose light grey pebbles.
- Accessory: You can decide between the Moccasin, Heaven, or Double T loafer. I wanted a gold accent on the shoe, so I selected the Double T buckle with the old gold finish.
- Initials: My favorite part of the personalization process was the monogram, because then it really made the shoes yours! You get four options for the placement of your initials.
- Sizing: I’m usually a size 38 in shoes, or 38.5 in certain designer sandals and heels. I sized down to a 37.5 in these Gommino loafers and they fit perfectly even when worn with ballet socks. If you’re uncertain about your size, I’d encourage you to visit a Tod’s store for a fitting, because the shoe is handmade for you so the fit is even more personalized.
A.L.C. silk blouse (sold out – similar here & here), Rachel Comey “Arc” earrings, Levi’s “Wedgie” jeans,
Monica Vinader “Fiji” bracelet, Givenchy bag (similar), Tod’s custom Double T Gommino loafers (c/o)
I looove how my personalized loafers came out! The blush pink is darling for spring, and the gold Double T buckle elevates the look, yet the shoes are comfortable for everyday wear. The most unique aspect is being able to choose the light grey rubber pebbles because they go so well with the pink. It’s my favorite detail second to the monogram of my initials! All my thanks to the wonderful Tod’s team for creating my dream shoe!
As I’ve mentioned, Tod’s is offering 10% off plus a gift with purchase to my followers! If you live in the greater Seattle area and can visit the Tod’s boutique at The Bravern in Bellevue, just mention my blog Hey Pretty Thing.
Shop similar items from this post:
Absolutely love it! x
That’s so cool that you can custom make them! I love the colour!!
i love TOD’S
this is so cool!
I would love to have monogrammed tod’s
Oh my gosh! You seriously can do that?
Yes! I was so excited to find out about this — it’s so special to be able to customize a shoe. Makes a great gift to a loved one or treat for yourself. 😉
such a cool experience, LOVE the shoes!
Pose & Repeat
You are so lucky!! Congrats!!
New post:Maximizing space
Omg what a fun experience! I love how yours turned out. I’d totally wear them, so cute!
Wow! It seems like it was an amazing experience. Yours turned out great x
These are so pretty! Monogrammed shoes would be so fun to wear.
Kathrin | Polar Bear Style
Oh wow I love the design you chose for this pair of loafers! The perfect pair for an everyday look but also for a classy and chic outfit 🙂
xx, Carmen – https://carmitive.com
Darling, I love this post ! The loafers are such a fabulous idea . I’m a first time visitor to this blog . I’m that rare beast a man who writes a fashion blog for women. I am always eager to meet other bloggers for sharing and support. Check me out ! I’m across the border In Vancouver!
Dress The Part
Wow, having the chance the customize your own shoes is so much fun. These are so beautiful! Love the back detail!
Oh, beautiful !
Those shoes look so amazing!
The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez
These are so cool!!! Customizing your shoes is a good idea.
Those shoes are absolutely gorgeous! I didn’t know you could customize Tod shoes – what an awesome feature :3
How exciting! Love your loafers and these photos are so beautiful!
I love loafers, they are so cute and comfortable. It’s a fabulous idea to customise them! 💞😘💖
Gorgeous color selection! For my customization, I chose: red suede calfskin, dark red stitching, brown insole, and red gomminos. I like bold footwear.
wow so nice and amazing collection
exciting! great collection
They’re lovely, but what about durability? I heard that’s their weak point (heel, pebbles).
I pretty much only wear them if I’m mostly indoors, like for work, etc. in which case they last forever. However, the heel would get scratched if you’re walking long distances outside on concrete or gravel.