I was so excited when Tod’s reached out to me again — this time to customize my own pair of Gommino loafers! They’re the most classic and comfortable shoes handmade by artisans in Italy. The last time I partnered with Tod’s, I hosted a fundraiser for Northwest Kidney Center at their store in The Bravern in Bellevue, WA.
In this post, I’ll walk you through the whole process of customizing my Gommino loafers, what I selected, and finally, the big reveal!
Also, as a gift to my followers, Tod’s is offering 10% off plus a gift with purchase, even on your custom Gomminos! If you live in the greater Seattle area and can visit the Tod’s boutique at The Bravern in Bellevue, just mention my blog Hey Pretty Thing.
You can personalize the Gommino loafers online or in stores. Since I live near a Tod’s boutique, I went in and worked with the amazing associates at the store in The Bravern. They were so knowledgable, and they talked me through all the different leathers, colors, and selections.
- Leather and Color: You can choose anything from alligator to python. I usually love the suede moccasin, but now that it’s spring, I wanted a fresh look, so I chose textured calfskin in light pink.
- Stitching: There are 20 colors of stitching, but I wanted to keep the colors cohesive and subtle, so I went for tone-on-tone stitching.
- Insole: The process is so personalized that you can even select your own insole! I picked the light pink beige insole stamped with the gold logo.
- Pebbles “Gomminos”: One of the most special parts of customization is being able to choose the color of the Gomminos, which are the 133 iconic rubber pebbles on the bottom of the Gommino loafers. The classic ones are black, but since my custom shoe was going to be blush-colored, I chose light grey pebbles.
- Accessory: You can decide between the Moccasin, Heaven, or Double T loafer. I wanted a gold accent on the shoe, so I selected the Double T buckle with the old gold finish.
- Initials: My favorite part of the personalization process was the monogram, because then it really made the shoes yours! You get four options for the placement of your initials.
- Sizing: I’m usually a size 38 in shoes, or 38.5 in certain designer sandals and heels. I sized down to a 37.5 in these Gommino loafers and they fit perfectly even when worn with ballet socks. If you’re uncertain about your size, I’d encourage you to visit a Tod’s store for a fitting, because the shoe is handmade for you so the fit is even more personalized.
A.L.C. silk blouse (sold out – similar here & here), Rachel Comey “Arc” earrings, Levi’s “Wedgie” jeans,
Monica Vinader “Fiji” bracelet, Givenchy bag (similar), Tod’s custom Double T Gommino loafers (c/o)
I looove how my personalized loafers came out! The blush pink is darling for spring, and the gold Double T buckle elevates the look, yet the shoes are comfortable for everyday wear. The most unique aspect is being able to choose the light grey rubber pebbles because they go so well with the pink. It’s my favorite detail second to the monogram of my initials! All my thanks to the wonderful Tod’s team for creating my dream shoe!
As I’ve mentioned, Tod’s is offering 10% off plus a gift with purchase to my followers! If you live in the greater Seattle area and can visit the Tod’s boutique at The Bravern in Bellevue, just mention my blog Hey Pretty Thing.
Shop similar items from this post: