Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I took the last two weeks off work, emails, blog, web series, and social media (mostly) and that was so incredibly relaxing and necessary.
Over winter break, we celebrated a wedding, had Christmas dinners with family and friends, and traveled to Los Angeles to cheer on our University of Washington Huskies in the Rose Bowl.
Here’s a look back at 2018 and 5 things that stood out to me:
- In the beginning of the year, I struggled with existential angst (lol as usual) and from that created my comedy drama web series Sweet & Power on YouTube. Having had no previous experience in writing a show, directing, acting, or producing… the learning curve was steep and stressful, but I am so proud that I just did it! I got to talk about Asian American representation in media (more to come in 2019!) and was featured on King 5 Evening and in Seattle Magazine.
- We had fun travels: Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, Austin, Hong Kong, Boston, Ireland, Portugal, Morocco, and London.
- I worked on some incredible campaigns with Tod’s and Blue Nile (both again!), BHLDN, 2 Lincoln Tower, and so many more.
- We saw Hamilton, Hasan Minaj, Into the Heights, Desus and Mero, Bobby Lee, and more.
- I celebrated my 30th birthday and 6th year wedding + teaching anniversaries.
I’m so thankful for the growth and opportunities this year — though both came with the discomfort and uncertainty that risk entails — but my Husband would always remind me to “bask”. That became my mantra: bask in the present. Live! And enjoy it! I’m forever grateful for my loving family, ride or die best friends, and you all for your support. To 2019 and the adventures to come!