This summer makeup look is what I’m wearing majority of the time this season. Here are my favorites:
1. Foundation: Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation – I have found THE summer foundation for me! I have combination skin and literally every foundation will make me look greasy by mid-morning except for this one! That being said, it truly lives up to its name, so if you want a natural radiant foundation, look elsewhere.
2. Setting Powder: Supergoop! (Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder SPF 35 – How does one reapply face sunscreen every couple hours when you wear makeup? Enter this powder, which I use in “Translucent” more for setting than as a foundation. As my t-zone can get really shiny throughout the day, I prefer powder over a spray, but if your skin is more on the dry side, I recommend this COOLA Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray.
3. Eyeliner: Clio Waterproof Pen Liner – All eyeliner smudge for me due to my eye shape, but this liquid eyeliner smudges the least, yet it’s still easy to remove. I also love the control of the pen, and that it comes in both black and brown shades.
4. Blush: 3CE “Soft Salmon” Blush & NARS “Taj Mahal” Blush – An orangey-coral blush for summer looks so fresh and sunkissed. I wear this combination, with the 3CE one more on the apple of my cheeks as it’s matte and the NARS one swiped more upward on my cheekbones as it’s got a little shimmer (a little of this one goes a LONG way so use lightly!).
5. Lipstick: YSL “Crazy Tangerine” Liquid Matte Lip Stain – I prefer a lip stain in the summer as it feels light like you’re not wearing anything. This one is matte yet hydrating, and is pretty long-lasting, though you have to touch up a little after eating/drinking.