Half the reason we go to Hawaii is to eat! We recently traveled there, and it was paradise to just chill at our beach house and bring back food to enjoy on the lanai while gazing into the ocean. We especially ate so many delicious desserts this trip so I thought I’d corral all the places in one post. For food recs, check out my Quick Guide to Maui Food post here — though it’s a few years old, the spots are still classic!
Here are 8 of my favorite desserts in Maui:
- Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop – chocolate macadamia nut pie
- Home Maid Bakery – malasadas, ube tapioca, sweet potato mochi, and haupia
- Ululani’s Hawaiian Shave Ice – “Haleakala” coconut leche combo with mochi
- Foodland – Okinawan sweet potato haupia pie
- Stacey’s Garden – lilikoi coconut tapioca pudding
- Tin Roof – chocolate peanut butter babingka
- Piko Cafe – ube pancakes with ube haupia cream
- McDonald’s – haupia pie as an honorable mention because it’s always fun to try their regional fare hehe
Which dessert sounds the best to you?? I’d also love your Hawaiian food recs for my next trip! As for my outfits in Maui, I mostly wore big tees with athletic shorts and different types of hats for sun protection. Already looking forward to going back in the future!