Right after Christmas, it dumped in Seattle and we were snowed in for about a week. Thankfully we were both off work through the new year, so we hunkered down and just stayed cozy! I’m happy to be partnering with DICK’S Sporting Goods to show you all our favorite winter selections that help us stay warm during the winter season:
We ventured out of the house to not get cabin fever and would walk to this nearby firepit. It was always desolate here, so we’d bundle up, bring some drinks, and just hangout chatting by the fire. Here are some items that helped us stay toasty outside.
Shop snow day apparel and accessories:
- The North Face Beanie – Keeping the noggin heated is more fun in a cute brightly colored beanie.
- Women’s The North Face Belted Coat — This coat is puffy and warm yet chic and fitted so the best of both worlds.
- Men’s The North Face Down Parka — A water-repellent down marshmallow-like parka is a winter must-have!
- Hand Warmers – Every year I buy these to keep in my car. Brought a couple along to the firepit just in case.
- YETI Mug – We made spiked hot cocoas in these insulated mugs that warmed us up from the inside out!
I finally had some time to bake so I made cinnamon rolls! It’s a bit of work but so fun, and I looked forward to having it for breakfast the next morning. Nothing as cozy as a warm house filled with the smells of cinnamon, butter, and coffee to wake up to… Here are some items for lounging indoors.
Shop comfy winter loungewear:
- Fitbit Versa 3 Smartwatch — an activity tracker reminds me to still get movement on those chill days at home.
- Nike Sweatshirt — bright colors add pizazz to sweatshirts and make staying at home look anything but boring!
- Free People Henley — henleys are my favorite layering shirts and makes me feel like I’m in a cabin getaway.
- Birkenstock Zermatt Slippers — I just got these slippers. They’re shearling-lined but also offers great arch support.
- Northeast Outfitters Socks — fluffy cozy socks for a must for a day in!
Whether you’re out doing snow sports or snuggled up inside, DICK’S Sporting Goods has something for everyone. We got into puzzling during the pandemic as something additional to do while binging shows. With this in mind, for one of Husband’s birthday advent calendar gifts this year, I got him this 1000-piece Takashi Murakami “727 (1996)” puzzle from MoMA. Here’s our progress so far while watching the new season of Queer Eye!
Shop snow day activities:
- Seattle Seahawks Puzzle — If you’re more into puzzles on a snow day then here are sports-themed ones for you!
- Hydro Flask Wine Tumbler — This wine tumbler goes hand-in-hand with all those snow days in.
- Flow Snowboard — If you’re more into snow sports then DICK’S has tons of gear for you too.
- Burton Snow Bib — I got a snow bib last year and never looked back! No more snow in my pants again.
- DC Snowboarding Boots — Looking to update my snowboarding boots to ones with the BOA lacing system.
Our favorite thing about our neighborhood is being able to walk everywhere. Being snowed in is never and issue because we can walk out for groceries, restaurants, bars, etc. Like after stocking up on snacks, we walked to our favorite restaurant nearby for pho and then mulled wine and hot toddies, and left happy with warm soup bellies.
Shop casual winter apparel and footwear:
- DSG Scarf — A blanket scarf is so versatile as also a cape or belted as a vest for work.
- Patagonia Fleece Down Jacket — Adorable teddy jacket that can be worn alone or layered on extra cold days.
- Sorel Explorer II Joan Boots – I just bought these, my first pair of Sorels, and they’ve been life-changing!
- Nike Men’s Boots — Husband wears his waterproof Nike boots for trekking around the city when it’s snowy.
- The North Face Mittens — Mittens keep my hands so toasty if I don’t really need my fingers for dexterity.
So happy to partner with DICK’S Sporting Goods again and stock up on winter goods! It’s truly a one-stop shop with something for the whole family. Plus, the shopping experience is so easy — I bought a bunch of things before the snow storm and conveniently selected Contactless Curbside Pickup, which is helpful especially in these times!