The day has arrived! Finally taking off for our month-long trip to Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. I get asked a lot of travel/packing questions, so I thought I’d do a post on some of the stuff I packed for this trip. The hot weather and hopping around so many destinations really influenced what I brought. Most of the items are basic in color and design so there’s room to mix and match, but I also added pieces with unique patterns and bright colors to keep things fun of course.
1. Pants – I’m hyperparanoid about bug bites because my blood is sweet(/cursed) and I get afflicted a lot so no matter how humid and hot Asia is I am bringing pants. I brought my lightweight cotton Rag & Bone “jeans” and Zara linen pants so it’ll still be breathable.
2. Donna Karan Mist deodorant – has a pretty fragrance while doing its job.
3. Kodak underwater camera – we bought this for snorkeling in Cancun and didn’t use up all the film, so taking it across the world to use at the beaches of Phuket, etc.
4. Maxi dresses/skirts – aka uniform of the trip.. They allow for airflow while warding off bugs (refer to my OCD in #1), plus I can dress them up for nighttime while sipping cocktails on rooftop bars.
5. Basic tees – loose, comfy and flowy. The ones pictured are a cropped black Surface to Air, linen Vince, and a neon J.Crew v-neck.
6. Sunglasses – wayfarers and Free People rainbow mirror aviators.
7. Cardigans – some slouchy linen cardigans from Forever 21 I can ball up and throw in my purse in case of a night breeze (doubt it).
8. Basic tanks – refer to #5 but cut off the sleeves.
9. Shorts – if I ever get over my said bug bite fear I will wear these…
10. Scarf – can serve as a wrap when in air-conditioned places.
11. Colorful belts – small accessory to spunk up outfits. The rainbow studded one is a Sonia Rykiel I picked up recently, so fun!
12. Swimsuits – two bikinis, one monokini, and one completely hideous actual swimsuit for morning laps in hotel pools.